Most locations in the Whitespark Local Platform with GBP Management enabled are able to manage their services through the Local Platform. Unfortunately, current limitations in Google's API restrict our ability to offer complete support for this feature.
What is not supported?
Price and Description fields
- You cannot control the Price or Description fields for services in the Local Platform at this time.
- You can still add services in the Local Platform and go add pricing/descriptions to them via https://business.google.com.
- Existing prices (excluding the "From" pricing option, see below) and descriptions will be preserved when making changes from the Local Platform.
From pricing (e.g. “Wedding bouquets from $99”)
- Google’s API (mysteriously) does not support the From pricing option (e.g. “Wedding bouquets from $99”).
- If you use this pricing option, and make any changes to your services via the Local Platform, the From pricing fields will be deleted from your Business Profile. In other words, if you use From pricing on any of your services, we suggest you do not use this field for now.
Business Profiles with over 100 services in any category
- Google's API cannot receive more than 100 services for any category (another mysterious limitation).
- If we detect that a category on your Business Listing has over 100 services in a category, the Services field will be disabled for that location.
Various other edge-cases
There are a number of additional scenarios where the Local Platform may not be able to support the Services feature for a given location. In these instances, the Services functionality will be disabled in the Local Platform. If Services have been disabled on one of your locations, please see this article for more information.